Flying High in Chapters 1,2, and 3 of Flight

PART ONE
gun.jpg
“You’re not real,” he says.
Zits is the gunmen, but truly he is not real culprit, his anger is.
“‘You and me aren’t so different,” Officer Dave has said more than once. “We’re like the sun and moon, kid. Different bodies, but we’re orbiting in the same sky.’”

,

Yin Yang.jpg
The two sides of Zits. One side he feels that is live is horrible which is full of hate and is like a nightmare, to what he wants to have again like loving family, to have beautiful skin like a white man and to be a gorgeous human that is cared for.

PART 2 (JAIRA AND ZOE)


CORE CONCEPT: Anger causes oneself to only think about their needs. As one gets angrier, a person starts to find more reasons to feed their anger to enrage themselves more and more.


In Chapters one, two and three of Flight, Zits states how HE does not like rich people. He thinks that, “The rich and educated Indians don’t give a shit about me. They pretend I don’t exist. They say, The drunken Indian is just a racist cartoon. They say, The lonely Indian is just a ghost in a ghost story.”  When Zits states that others don’t care about HIM, it shows that he focuses his mind set on his needs and what he wants others to feel about him. He stereotypes himself into self loathing to demine himself to mask his real feelings about wanting someone to care about him. This is his internal anger crying for attention and he is feeding off of the idea of stereotypes to make his self more angry.  




Part 3 Jason, Ireland
"Since U Been Gone"


Here's the thing we started out friends
It was cool but it was all pretend

Yeah yeah
Since U Been Gone


You dedicated you took the time
Wasn't long till I called you mine

Yeah Yeah
Since U Been Gone

And all you'd ever hear me say
Is how I pictured me with you
That's all you'd ever hear me say


But Since U Been Gone
I can’t breathe for the first time
I'm so moving on
Yeah, yeah
Thanks to you
Now I get
What I want
Since U Been Gone

Since Zit's mother died, he has no one left and it kills him inside. He wants to move on and get a new start, but he has to get over the anger and frustration of losing a loved one. The mother had to carry on the roll as a father, so when she left, it's as if his whole life disappears.

How can I put it? You put me on
I even fell for that stupid love song
Yeah, yeah
Since U Been Gone

Zits has lived in twenty different foster homes, and has attended twenty-two different schools. Some of the foster homes tried to make him feel loved. However, his is lack of identity results from having been raised by too many different people.
How come I'd never hear you say
I just wanna be with you
I guess you never felt that way


Zits was angry at his father all these years for abandoning him and his mom. He viewed his father as someone who was a drunkard and a loser. His father never told Zits he loved him.
But Since U Been Gone
I can’t breathe for the first time
I'm so moving on
Yeah, yeah
Thanks to you
Now I get (I get) what I want
Since U Been Gone


You had your chance you blew it
Out of sight, out of mind
Shut your mouth I just can't take it
Again and again and again and again


Zits had a deceased Irish mother and an absent father. Ultimately, the most significant betrayal in his life came from his father, who abandoned him. This made Zits perceive his father as lousy, which caused him to initially push him out of his life.
Since U Been Gone
I can breathe for the first time
I'm so moving on
Yeah, yeah
Thanks to you (thanks to you)
Now I get, I get what I want
I can breathe for the first time
I'm so moving on
Yeah, yeah
Thanks to you (thanks to you)
Now I get (I get)
You should know (you should know)
That I get, I get what I want
Since U Been Gone
Since U Been Gone

Since U Been Gone